Oh Crap!!!! I was supposed to have my post up last night. I told myself I would the whole day and then pow! Life got in the way and I’m running around like a headless chicken. Believe me, I’ve seen a headless chicken run. I grew up in a farm. It is not a pretty sight and that’s moi right now.
It’s literally May Day at my house right now and I swear before you, my fellow authors, bloggers, reviewers, fans, that I will never EVAH release another book in May.
- I had a book out yesterday, Runes, which meant marketing blitz on my part and checking with my marketing guru that everything was going smoothly. When I say talking, I mean e-mailing back and forth, which sucks because she has a day job. May Day!
- My daughter had a play at six and since she was one of the leads, I had to take her by five, which meant getting her something to eat before that. Because of that, I missed my 4:15 zumba class and I’m a grouch when I don’t work out. That would not have been bad if I’d made my last Saturday class, which I missed because my other daughter had an out-of-town dance competition and so I was gone…*deep breath*. May Day… May Day!!
- May is also the month everyone does everything in my family. High school daughter’s band performance, middle-school son’s band performance, end of year piano recital for my last two—that was last week and violin/viola recital is coming up. May Day!!!
- Then there are deadlines to fill out and mail paperwork for out-of-town, week-long camps… We live in Hickville and not much goes on around here for teens during summer, so we ship them off for 2 weeks to see the “real world” and meet and mingle with “real people” (hehehe, if you tell Utahns I said that I’ll deny it). My DH looks at me and goes, “you’re going to have a heart attack.” And I’m like that pregnant woman in the movie What to Expect when You’re Expecting and I want to punch…*clears throat*…kiss him and hug him and call him George. I abhor violence
- Did I mention I’m also editing book 2 in the Runes series while working on my next Guardian Legacy book? Like I said, I will never ever release another book in May.
Happy reading. I’m actually outside my gym typing this. My zumba class starts in 1 minute. Sorry for the late post.