I love spring because:
1. I was born and raised in the tropics and get home sick during winter. Spring is a slice of home.
2. I get to sit in my back porch and write while watching my kids chase butterflies and jump on the trampoline
3. The flowers in my backyard start to bloom and nature’s scents bathe the earth
4. I go for walks with my kids without sweating like a pig.
5. I don’t have to drive an hour to take my kids skiiing (the fact that I take my laptop and sit in the lodge is really beside the point. I just hate driving in the snow)
I hate spring because:
6. I spend hours looking up summer activities for my kids and doing all the pesky paperwork (a tiresome job but these summer camps fill up fast)
7. I’m allergic to bees and wasps and we get plenty of them in our neighborhood.
8. I hate cleaning (whoever came up with spring cleaning should have been shot)
9. Every year I plant a garden and every year it is epic failure. Unfortunately, my kids always want a garden, so I do it again…
10. I say goodbye to my favorite characters (I don’t write much during summer)