New Year’s Resolutions? What universe are you from? January was months ago. I have a lot of other things to worry about besides the resolutions nobody keeps. You don’t believe me? I am myself indifferent honest, but I’m not acting this time. Here, maybe this will make you happy:
1. Convince Yvonne, the girl I’ve loved forever, to stop praying and go on a date with me.
2. Cut down on the Shakespeare references no one else understands. Except for the romantic poetry parts–Yvonne likes those.
3. Finish my pre-University courses–well, that’s what my parents–I mean, my dad– would want me to say.
But these are the ones that really matter now:
- Get the guilty party — I don’t dare name him here–to confess my mom’s death was no accident.
- Meet Sean Lyon, the man I was cloned from, even if I have to visit the TwenCen universe to do it.
- Save Sean from his own impending murder.
- Figure out why the head of the time travelers is so interested in me.
- Do all this while making sure the wormhole connecting my universe with the TwenCen one doesn’t collapse.
If we’re both in the same universe next year, feel free to ask me how well I did. Now leave me alone; I have a part to rehearse.
Do you recognize the Shakespeare reference above? The first commenter to correctly identify what it is and where it’s from will win a free e-book of Lyon’s Legacy, the first book in the Catalyst Chronicles series.
Twinned Universes (Catalyst Chronicles, Book Two), coming Spring 2013:
Paul Harrison always wanted to play Hamlet, but he never expected he’d live the role first.
In the aftermath of a family tragedy on 21st century Earth, Paul discovers he’s the clone of Sean Lyon, his great-great-grandfather and a famous TwenCen musician. Suspecting his mother’s death was no accident, Paul comes up with a plan to trick the answers out of the great-uncle who had him cloned. But in order to make his plan work, Paul needs help from Sean himself—and Sean’s time is running out in the TwenCen universe next door. Although Paul’s family lives on the spaceship that travels between the universes, he’s never been allowed on TwenCen Earth. Now, with the help of his friends, his disguise-creating holoprojectors, and a quantum quirk, Paul must make his way to Sean while evading other time travelers who fear he’ll change the history of the TwenCen universe. If Paul is to achieve justice, he must not only risk his own life, but the wormhole connecting the universes. “To be or not to be” was a simple question in comparison….